Product Design and Multi-center Campaign Management
About Student Loan Clinic
Student Loan Clinic (SLC) is a service that helps people work through their options for federal student loan repayment. SLC is purpose-built for telemarketing using offshore call centers and back-office operations. A group of offshore BPO vendors handles these activities.
The brainchild of a highly experienced telemarketing entrepreneur, he contacted Atelier Lumikha to assist in the product design, marketing presentation, and to develop an end-to-end performance management system.
Selecting Lumikha for an assignment of this scope was a no-brainer since we have a rare combination of expertise in marketing, application development, and offshore outsourcing.
- With an entirely service-based solution that relies on proprietary processes to support publicly available access to loan extension and mitigation documents, it was important to develop mutually reinforcing brands to present the various aspects of the operations matrix: sales, document processing, plus billing and support.
- To develop these three entities, we collaborated on the marketing design and the operational approach thinking extensively about how to integrate performance monitoring across call centers in disparate locations.
- Everything from logo designs to the center SOPs aligned with client objectives for detailed reporting of on-the-ground activity. Tight alignment and transparent communication were the foundations for consistent iterative performance improvement.
- The system, dubbed Viridian, delivers live performance data for shift management and tracks individual performance downstream through agent and center sales execution, integrated quality assessment, and retention.
- The tool gives centers insight into actionable performance data, which they feed to their operations teams. Lumikha identifies strategic and tactical areas for improvement and supports the centers with daily calls to disseminate crucial information and collect feedback.
The Call Center SOP
- With a platform for consolidated operations complete, Lumikha worked on call center recruiting and orientation to launch the company’s sales efforts in several centers located in India, Pakistan, and the Philippines.
- Lumikha organized program launch around a comprehensive set of standard operating procedures derived from Lumikha’s in-house operating protocols. These were documented into online learning and made available to the call centers selling and supporting the service.
Ultimately, the Student Loan Clinic was absorbed into a debt consolidation organization and its services discontinued. The platform and SOP remain essential tools in Lumikha’s multi-center management activities.